Energy Management Consultants
Blue Ocean Energy Management develops and implements energy management strategies with the specific objective of lowering our client’s energy costs. In our experience, the low-cost / high-return paybacks are found in the operational aspects of a facility. We strongly recommend that you optimize operational energy efficiency before replacing costly capital equipment. Blue Ocean can help you develop your Energy Management Strategy.
Our business model is 100% aligned with our clients’ goals. We don’t sell equipment, software or retail energy…nor do we benefit financially from any product or service recommendations that we make.
Our Guarantee: Blue Ocean offers a value-added consultancy service. We are so confident in our ability to reduce your energy costs, we will reduce our service fee if this is not accomplished. This is a 100% guarantee!
Lowering Energy Costs Since 2009
Blue Ocean Energy Management was founded in 2009 by Uffe Bo Petersen, Bill Curra and Alison Petersen. Their combined 50+ years of energy experience in the complementary fields of energy trading, engineering and real-estate, is an advantaged background to navigate the complexities of today’s energy environment. Blue Ocean is a highly qualified energy management consultancy focusing on the commercial real estate sector.
- Performed energy analysis services on over 400+ buildings, representing over 30 million square feet
- Staff includes expertise in — Certified Energy Managers; Engineers; HVAC Systems/Controls; Certified Energy Auditors; Building Management; Real Estate Sales/Leasing; Sustainability; and Regulatory Compliance.
- Women-owned (WOSB & EDWOSB) enterprise under the US Small Business Administration DUNS# 022945111; Cage 7BUE7
- Certified Texas HUB firm #1300516739300.
- Certified City of Austin Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) #V00000926085.
- Registered ECAD Audit firm under Austin Energy…and largest provider of ECAD services to Austin’s commercial property sector.
- Member Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Member Austin Association of Facility & Maintenance Engineers (AAFAME)
- Members of Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
- Member US Green Building Council (USGBC)
We are a team of engineering, commercial, and regulatory experts with broad experience in the energy industry.
By combining these technical and commercial competencies, Blue Ocean can facilitate and implement a comprehensive Energy Management Strategy improving our clients’ competitiveness.
To develop and implement energy management strategies to make our clients more profitable and to mitigate risks associated with energy costs and consumption.
To facilitate our clients using less energy through increased efficiency.
We align our business model with our clients’ interests.
- We are honest and open in every communication.
- We conduct our business with integrity and confidentiality.
- We are proactive, not reactive.
- We believe that the best strategy is developed with the client, not for the client.
- We do not benefit economically from any of our recommendations to our clients for capital equipment or service providers.
- Our Energy Management Strategies have economic as well as environmental benefits that we measure in terms of dollars saved and CO2 reduced.
Blue Ocean Energy offers a value-added consultancy service. We are so confident in our ability to reduce your energy costs that we will refund our service fee should we not accomplish this. This is a 100% guarantee.
Our investment in Blue Ocean Energy’s audit paid for itself – simply through finding discrepancies in our energy bills alone! From the beginning, the BOE team was clear in their scope of work and easy to communicate with. As a hotel, we were also impressed by their excellent customer service as they walked us through their process.
BOE provided detailed and honest findings and provided recommendations we truly appreciate.
Implementing the kind of energy management strategy Blue Ocean Energy identified, Enfield Properties Ltd. achieved a utility cost reduction of 50%. I highly recommend Blue Ocean Energy.
The team at Blue Ocean Energy made the Energy Audit process easy. Once the audit was finalized we reviewed the findings and Blue Ocean Energy provided a number of solutions ranging from low cost ideas to capital investment grade vehicles. The audit helped elucidate focal points we can pay attention to and gave us the tools to develop an Energy Strategy for the future.
I enthusiastically recommend Blue Ocean Energy!
We’re always available to help our clients. Give us a call.